2017-01-13

3 Things I Learned - Week #2

We are constantly learning, evolving and improving (well at least I hope we are).

Personally I learn new things each and every day, not all of them are technology related, but still – I am pleased to say that knowledge is really infinite and we should actually never stop.

I am going to try and post a short note with three (it will sometimes be hard) things that I learned about this week. They will not be lengthy topics – just a byte size sentence with a link or two on the subject.

Starting from today – I hope to make this a weekly occurrence.

  1. The Mandella Effect. Are we actually living in a parallel universe – some of these 20 Examples Of The Mandela Effect That'll Make You Believe You're In A Parallel Universe. The one that really blew me away was “No, I am your father”
    image
  2. How do you find the TTL on a specific DNS record? – Sometimes you really need to know how long you (or your customers) are going to have stare at the wrong content – until their clients perform a refresh.
  3. Even if you run for a seat on the OpenStack Individual Member Director Elections – you should not be spamming all of the community each and every day to remind them to vote for you.
    By the way – if you have not voted yet – then you should.

Till next week!!